This Christmas was kinda tough but full of so much love. We sang Happy birthday to Jesus late but better late than never. Its a new tradition so its taking a little time to get into the hang of things. I think next Christmas we will make a birthday cake for Jesus to bring the true meaning of Christmas to life. :D I was not raised in a Christian home so most our traditions are recreated. My favorite new tradition is going out to Chinese food. This is called a Jewish Christmas. You go to shabot on Saturday and out to Chinese food afterwards because usually Chinese is the only thing open. I was a little saddened that we missed our first shabot service because everyone has been fighting whooping cough. Maybe next year? I really hope.
After a morning full of opening this gift and that I got to go to bed for a nap. Chinese really was the perfect gift because I was so tired and didnt have the energy to cook for 2 days. I liked that instead of being cooped up in the kitchen that I got to actually be a part of things and spend time enjoying my family. :)
My husband bought me the most amazing gift this yr. I have always wanted a mothers ring but this yr he bought me 4 charms for my Pandora bracelet. 1 says forever together and the other 3 are the birthstones of my grandchildren and my daughter. He never ceases to amaze me. It is the perfect gift since my kids are moving thousands of miles away this year.
Mostly we all just relaxed and rested enjoying the boys play with all their new toys.
At least till the bedtime meltdown! Papa rocked Franky to sleep while I sat next to Isaacs bed singing sweet Jesus how much do you love Isaac to sleep. They both slept ever so peaceably, all through the night without any coughing fits. This was the best Christmas Gift of the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.